In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apuesta femeninoto lay / make a wager — hacer una apuesta
- They would also be prohibited from accepting wagers from players or coaches involved in a booked college game.
- If five odds are thrown in a row the casino takes all the money wagered on that spinner.
- The sites look a lot like real-money sites, but don't accept wagers.
- The most popular forms of gambling were raffles, state lotteries, friendly wagers, casino gambling and office pools.
- Finally, Intercasino offers a comp program for returning players whereby they receive points for every $10 wagered in the casino.
- Dealers sometimes shuffle whenever players greatly increase the size of their wagers.
- Punters must lodge funds to cover their wagers before a bet is accepted.
- The established main companies plan to open new outlets to cater for the deluge of cash being wagered by city gamblers.
- Swings get wilder for the same overall exposure when bettors vary their wagers.
- He also wants to cash in on a bet wagered with the British players.
- Bettors wagered a total of just under $4.6-million nationally on the Ultra Pick Six, Kirchner said.
- In pari-mutuel betting, the odds paid to the winners are based entirely on the amounts wagered by the players.
- A gambler usually wagers more after taking a loss, in the misguided belief that a run of bad luck increases the probability of a win.
- With some arenas holding thousands of spectators, an evolved series of hand gestures between bettors determines wagers.
- Betting on football is illegal in Hong Kong, which permits wagers only on horse racing and a numbers game lottery.
- You need to have enough capital, base your wagers on adequate handicapping skills, and bet into the right pools.
- Betting exchanges allow bettors to accept wagers from other bettors at odds that the involved parties determine.
- Minimum wagers on private casino slot machines and table games will be dlrs 500.
- Betting the same amount on all of your wagers is probably the best way to start.
- This year has seen a great increase in online and telephone betting, which allows people to make wagers 24 hours a day.
1apostarhe wagered his reputation/life to save her — se jugó la reputación/la vida por salvarla
- to wager (that) — apostar (a) que
- I wager (that) he'll be back tomorrow — apuesto (a) que mañana está de vuelta
- he'll resign, I wager — ¡a que dimite!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.