In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of body)cintura femeninotalle masculinoI'm watching my waistline — estoy guardando la línea
- Schlosser believes the damage wrought by fast food companies on America is even deeper than adding inches to the national waistline.
- For me, low-rise jeans are a godsend because they help lengthen my waistline and give the illusion of more balanced proportions.
- Keep track of your weight and your waistline, because improvements in weight or waist measurement can reduce your risk of getting diabetes.
- Measuring around my non-existent waistline and…… hold on a minute, this can't be right.
- It's an ideal option for the growing number of drinkers and clubbers who are keen to watch their waistlines.
- How can utopians dream of changing the world when it is so difficult to lose an inch off one's waistline?
- The bottom of the pack should rest in the curve of the lower back and should not sit more than 4 inches below the waistline.
- Six months after the procedure, these patients had an average weight loss of 5 pounds and a 3-inch decrease in the waistline.
- It's quite clear to me that television plays a significant role in our expanding waistlines (especially for children).
- Those who received a 20-mg dose lost an average of 20 pounds and trimmed their waistlines by three inches in one year.
- Simply enter your weight and waistline measurements, the body shaper's built-in microprocessor will then automatically calculate and accumulate the burnt out calories.
- Irish waistlines are expanding - half of the population is officially overweight and one in eight is obese, a 30% increase since 2000.
- At the moment, the only noticeable effect the walking has had on my size is on my waistline (my stomach in particular seems just as large as ever).
- You can have a lower cholesterol count, a lower percent of body fat, a smaller waistline, a lower heart rate.
- A well-fitting bra can make a real difference to your shape, lifting your bust away from your waistline and making your body look longer and slimmer.
- Show off your individual style in tailored jackets that trim inches off your waistline.
- Nutrition information on menus moves us one step closer to smaller waistlines and healthier hearts.
- When dieting, a person adopts certain procedures to reduce body flab and improve the waistline.
- ICS workers will be offering information leaflets tailored to men's cancers while visitors can also get weighed and have their waistlines measured.
- For this reason, body fat can be as important as body weight when you are trying to reduce your waistline or change your lifestyle.
2(of garment)talle masculino
- A suit with gathered fabric across the waistline can create the illusion of an hourglass figure in a woman who would like to look curvier.
- Pear shaped women tend to have bigger bottoms so choose garments that have easing at the waistline with soft pleats and gathers.
- Areas on a knit garment where you want to eliminate stretch include: armholes, shoulder seams, waistlines, necklines and zippers.
- Always remember to remove your belt from your slacks before hanging them; this will prevent the waistline from distorting.
- The waistline seam at the center front may need to be lowered, tapering it back to normal at the side seam.
- The trousers have an enormous waistline that is loose around him and rise up to his chest when he sits.
- The middle tapered into a slim, V-shaped waistline, and the collar was the square-cut neckline that was currently the fashion.
- Ease the pants waistline slightly to fit the waistband.
- Her baby blue tee stopped a few inches above the waistline of the jeans to reveal her slender back.
- Instead of darts, gently ease the waistline to the waistband for the most flattering fit.
- Sew six to eight more buttons - evenly spaced - on the front waistline seam for added interest.
- The house is best known for coats, and this season they introduced a new style with the waist cut high and a fuller volume below waistlines.
- Remove the pattern pieces and staystitch the waistline and any curved seamlines.
- What caught my eye first was that he was wearing a jacket with a waistline seam - not a full-blown Norfolk jacket, less obtrusive than that, but in that class.
- Dresses of printed chiffons and drop waistlines often with shoestring camisole style straps will feature strongly.
- I have just bought a pair of jeans without a waistline.
- The asymmetrical pullover features a mandarin collar, a six button front opening and a buttoned window pocket, all above a raised waistline seam.
- Necklines are going down and waistlines going up!
- A Basque waistline, or any drop-waist style that angles downward, will lengthen a short torso.
- We love the tailored waistline and flared skirt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.