In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Put it on your wait list and they just mail it to you.
- Almost nine months before, I had put down my name and my deposit on the wait list for a hybrid car.
- The first 400 on The Crew's ticket wait list from the first show will have access to tickets to the second show.
- Gausman had tried for two years to get a transfer - she tried Grannan's elementary school - but found all the desirable public schools have long wait lists.
- The NDP's so-called commitment to health care has lead to longer wait lists, lots of out-dated medical equipment, and a shortage of nurses.
- He said it could take anywhere from ‘a few weeks to several months’ to get surgery wait lists back on track.
- Last year, 26 patients died while on the wait list.
- Add to that, he said in a 1994 report to the annual meeting, ‘we have 144 members on our golf wait list.’
- The company deliberately holds production below demand, guaranteeing a wait list for its stylish cars.
- Then off to Day 1 of the city Training Development Skills class for which I have been on the wait list for a year.
- It had better: Toyota has a six-month-plus wait list.
- Because of our extensive wait list it is important that we start expansion now.
- Surgery was required and I was immediately admitted and put on the wait list for a surgical table.
- It's not a wait list, it's a reserve list, which basically means it takes longer for a decision to be made.
- It also wants the government to increase funding to reduce wait lists for surgery at B.C. hospitals and give doctors more say in rebuilding the health system, he said.
- As of Dec. 4, 2003, the surgical wait list for Richmond Hospital sat at 4,500 patients.
- That leaves an empty seat, and the airline is unable to offer it to anybody on a wait list or a go-show.
- Meaning that, you've got to fly business or be prepared to take a chance on the wait list.
- In December she was finally put on the wait list, but then developed a lung infection that led to pneumonia.
- Because the school offers small class sizes, many of the courses have a wait list of three to six months.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.