- At 3.30 am they were wakened by the sound of sledgehammers smashing open the double-locked front door.
- The owner of one house was wakened in the early hours of Saturday morning by the flames and thankfully was able to raise the alarm and extinguish the fires.
- But I started to resent my Mom, expecting her to go away and expecting to be wakened with the sound of breaking glass.
- As we move ever closer to November, the weather is switching to a uniform foggy grey that wakens memories of my time in Lincolnshire back in the very early sixties.
- In my forties, I go to sleep at night, and upon wakening, I find that a month has passed.
- With the light nights starting to return, toads across the area are wakening from hibernation to make the journey back to where they were born - to breed.
- His alarm clock had failed, and he had not wakened until 9.10 am, ten minutes later than the time he was due to start work.
- Sinn Féin wakens this morning under a tidal wave of outrage after the latest developments in the Garda investigation into money laundering.
- Georgie quietly moans, stirs, then wakens with a gasp.
- Next morning Lambie wakened in the same ‘canary-yellow Pringle jumper,’ but torn and with scratches on his face, victim of an apparent mugging.
- It might not be the famine of biblical proportions which decimated the country in 1984 and which wakened a disbelieving world to the plight of the Ethiopians but unless something is done it is a disaster in the making.
- Summer is coming, the temperature is rising, and before you have even fully wakened, your body has already started to feel the heat and humidity.
- If I hadn't wakened and it had got up to the roof the whole house could have been burned.
- Acute myocardial infarctions have a peak incidence in the first few hours after wakening, suggesting that they may be triggered by abrupt changes in psychological and behavioural status.
- It has wakened memories and bought it all back and I think it would have been emotionally a bit distressing to have gone.
- At 3.25 am the male occupant of a house in Greenpark Villa, Rostrevor was wakened by a man demanding money.
- I felt, of course, as if she had sat by my bedside and wakened me in time for the anniversary just as I'd sat by her bedside a year ago, unable to bring her out of that last sleep.
- At 3am on Wednesday morning residents were wakened by the loud noises of thieves pulling the ATM out of the wall with a JCB stolen from a building site.
- Rob Atkinson, head of the society's wildlife department, said the warmer weather had wakened snakes after a period of inactivity similar to hibernation, and some ventured into rural gardens.
- Your fruits and flowers, your birds, your tree frogs wakening me every night, man I have to return just for that!