In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maratón benéfica femenino
- Raju's walkathon will take him through 21 States, covering 15,000 km.
- When there was a terrible famine in Africa one year we did a ten mile walkathon to raise money.
- About 50 walkers of all ages joined the walkathon Sunday to raise funds for Steinbach's Grace Haven Pregnancy Crisis Centre.
- It's comforting to think that if we just have enough walkathons and celebrity fund-raisers, we'll cure everything.
- I find a certain irony in seeing a parent drive their kid door to door to collect pledges for a walkathon.
- Towards this objective, HelpAge India has organized a series of physical events for senior citizens including golf tournaments and walkathons.
- A spokesman for Cafod said: ‘This is the fifth year running we have held a walkathon to raise funds for Cafod.’
- Now the gym is planning a walkathon for March 29.
- The Diamond Vale Government Primary School PTA expresses its thanks and appreciation to those who contributed in making our fund-raising walkathon a success on June 11.
- There are several bloggers right now gearing up for their walkathons to help benefit some great charities.
- And the people of Kerry have been asked to put their best foot forward to help support the trust by taking part in a ten-mile walkathon organised by Lea and her supporters.
- AMP is also helping facilitate various employee events - from bucket collections in building foyers to a walkathon in Melbourne.
- A host of events were organised to raise the money, including a six-a-side football tournament, a walkathon and Indian dinner party.
- Competitions and walkathons were also organized.
- I don't walk for a workout, and besides, walkathons are for out-of-shape mothers.
- Sometimes club members and staff even participate in charity events, such as walkathons, as an unofficial group from the club.
- Last Monday a sponsored walkathon, in Trax Gym, Sheppard Street, raised more than £300 towards the campaign.
- Who in their right mind would cheat on a charity walkathon?
- Last May, Mandy took part in a 26-mile walkathon and raised over £2,000.
- Trax, in Sheppard Street, is holding a walkathon to raise money for four-year-old Brandon Humphries, who has cerebral palsy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.