1(of sorcerer, conjuror)varita mágica femenino
- For example, in ritual, swords or knives or wands or candles are often symbolically plunged into chalices.
- To see Sam now compared to how he was last week is amazing, It's as if someone has waved a magic wand to help him get better.
- Instead, it is told how Branchus cured plague once by a sprinkling of water from his wand and with two lines of strange words, each line consisting of arrangements of the 24 letters of the alphabet.
- Just then, the fairy godmother appeared, waved her magic wand, and turned the blades of grass into stems and leaves to hide the cups from the angry queen.
- Harry handed him his wand back, only lingering a little as the buzz passed through them.
- Charity muttered something, raised her wand, and send electrical blue sparks towards the dragon.
- Like a magician waving his magic wand, McGrath took on the guise of Merlin as he wove his magic, enrapturing his team-mates, opponents and adoring masses.
- Sure, the wand, chalice, dagger, and pentacle are fairly impressive allegorical objects, but frankly, they're quite outdated.
- Hats, bats and wands were created in the art department, while ghoulish recipes were cooked up in the kitchen.
- Gone are the wide-eyed kids performing unlikely miracles; enter the spiteful pre-teens who are more than eager to cross swords, and wands, with older muggles and magicians alike.
- A blaze at a Bradford bookstore almost left Harry Potter fans snapping their wands in frustration.
- Yes, she has a black cat, a wand, a sword, altars with candies, and statues of gods, goddesses, and saints.
- It is like a magic trick, those wands which turn into bouquets.
- To couch it in Wilson's terms, the skills you need are vaguely analogous to the qualities represented by the cup, the wand, the sword and the pentacle.
- An all-new spell-casting system allows players to really feel the magic for the first time as the controller shakes and reacts with every flick of the wand.
- My neighbor tells me it's the magic of the wand combined with my psychic aura.
- I wanted my Harry Potter supply box that came with four pencils and eight crayons and a ruler and a glue stick that all looked like wands.
- In these exciting postmodern times, the old school elemental weapons of wand, pentacle, sword and cup are just no longer relevant to our 21st century lives.
- I began by celebrating my first Full Moon, in August of 2002, by creating my first wand and formal altar before ritual.
- I can't wave a magic wand and suddenly make things right.
2(of office)bastón de mando masculino
- Wizards are always sticking their wands into any sort of magical affair.
3(electronic device)lector óptico de mano masculino
- He swipes a bar-code wand across the waybill, a document that shows the contents and destination of the shipment.
- The person behind the counter, when I was buying the socks, tried to read the barcode with the ‘wand’, and when it couldn't read it, she hit the wand on the counter.