In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1correrías femeninoandanzas femeninohis wanderings took him as far as China — en sus correrías / andanzas llegó hasta la China
- have you seen my dog on your wanderings? — ¿no has visto a mi perro por ahí (en tus idas y venidas)?
- the wanderings of her mind — sus divagaciones / desvaríos
- In all my wanderings looking for indigenous breeds of dogs, I have seen only two specimens, both near Pollachi, Tamil Nadu.
- Her strolls became aimless wanderings and she hated the lack of sunlight.
- The possibilities go on and on if you start thinking about having an intelligent agent that keeps track of your net wanderings.
- During his subsequent wanderings, Odysseus is dipped repeatedly back into the condition of the obscured.
- On one of his late night wanderings he discovers a neighbour's dog, dead on the lawn, with a garden fork stabbed through it.
- If I am trying to make a goal for my blog, I am making it into a script, not a mirror of my thoughts and wanderings.
- His wanderings lead him to a crossroads where he encounters Laius and kills him in a fight.
- Their wanderings ceased when they reached the beautiful mountain home where their descendants live today.
- His subsequent wanderings took him as far as Australia and New Mexico in search of better health and the ideal society, but he found neither.
- He had a sure destination now, after for so long of aimless wanderings he knew where to go.
- Journeys, wanderings, separations, and a sense of homelessness are elements of many of the poems.
- I was quite an insomniac back then, and one night I went for a walk and my wanderings eventually took me through the university.
- The human mind, in its wide wanderings, has not dreamt, yet, of such a ‘freedom’ as that will be.
- God tells Jacob, the man of so many wanderings, that he has to make one more journey.
- In our wanderings through the great forests and wastelands that ringed Aryavarta, there was always a need for one of us to snoop outside.
- To what she had asked I had slipped in some passing remarks about Panchala and the Yadava lands and herbs and spices and sundry wanderings.
- It was the walks you could not understand, even when there was a destination you would rather dive for a taxi or the tube, still less leave your heated flat to join my aimless wanderings.
- It's big enough to incorporate almost the entire seasonal wanderings of more than a million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles.
- It draws on his experiences while working for a builder in Hastings, where he settled in 1902 after various wanderings.
- Anis pays attention in class, but only briefly, and then his mind is off on its restless wanderings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.