In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When someone rings up and asks if I wanna catch a movie, my first reaction is how can I get out of this?
- I don't wanna go into detail yet, I want you guys to just see it and then give me your feedback please!
- He made us kind of realize that there's more to being in the band than just playing what you wanna play.
- If you wanna get involved in the music scene, you should just mind your own business and go out and make a record.
- If they wanna sleep with you this week, they also wanted to sleep with the guy last week.
- She's emailed me asking if I wanna stay over at her place after the gig.
- About the tricky song ‘makes me wanna die’ which is ruined by a vague hip hop beat.
- Yeah you really believe in him, is that the sort of thing you wanna do?
- Oasis are headliners, but I've seen them twice this year so I didn't really wanna go for them.
- So James is up there where we wanna go, and even if we go in the opposite direction, he's there.
- Every band that I go and jam with and put records out with, they don't really wanna do anything.
- He hit this tone that's engaging and funny and you just wanna watch him do this character more.
- I can't imagine being with somebody who didn't stimulate my mind enough to wanna talk about stuff.
- Anything you wanna ask, I'll answer with the obvious exception of real names and addresses.
- It's a Calypso gathering, you just wanna get down low and have a mad party and dance in the sun.
- I have a law degree but it's another three years if you wanna earn more than 10k a year.
- Listen, man, you wanna join the army just because you want to be told what to do.
- I'm not sure how to take this forward, that's even if I wanna take this forward.
- And if you wanna join him for a psychedelic freakout session then you can always have a word with this guy.
- want to
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.