In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerra femeninochemical/psychological warfare — guerra química/psicológica
- So his method for spreading revolution was still that of guerrilla warfare.
- It certainly cannot flee and its capacity to fight is limited essentially to chemical warfare.
- One axiom of modern warfare is that airpower cannot conquer, control or hold ground.
- These were defensive positions and conflict and warfare seems to have been common.
- They are all responding well to the changing nature of warfare and doing us proud.
- Thus is not for a just man to engage in warfare, since warfare is justice its self.
- Is this where he meets Cuban dissidents and shares his ideas about guerrilla warfare?
- The relationship between guerrilla warfare and terrorism was always complicated.
- In the shadowy world of guerrilla warfare the rules exist in a kind of moral no-man's land.
- At the same time, the destructive capacity of modern warfare heightens the need to limit the use of force.
- Cadorna was not unaware of the new conditions in warfare that favoured defensive firepower.
- His deep and abiding interest in infantry warfare was soon to pay great dividends.
- Chemical weapons have most commonly been used by states, in military warfare.
- The computer is as much a part of modern warfare as mud, blood and bullets.
- Perhaps there is no need to explain the harsh truths about modern warfare to innocent children.
- To them warfare was not a romantic notion but a harsh reality in which soldiers kill and are killed.
- It is equally idiotic to wage chemical warfare against the vectors of disease.
- Some joined the guerilla warfare of the zealots nipping at the heels of mighty Rome.
- The Royal Marines are perhaps the finest mountain warfare soldiers in the world.
- They had opened a new chapter in the history of Latin America through guerrilla warfare.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.