1(hackneyed solution, idea)caballo de batalla masculinocaballito de batalla masculino
2(veteran)veterano masculinoveterana femenino
- And if he doesn't play in Melbourne, the 35-year-old pace warhorse certainly won't play in the third Test in Sydney, just days after the Melbourne Test.
- Beckett was an Old Labour warhorse, and she was damned if she was going to go easier on the electricity mega-corporations than her Tory predecessor.
- Liverpool fan Nolan is looking forward to a likely showdown with warhorse Mark Hughes, who has been used in a deeper role by Blackburn recently.
- With Samuel French receiving medical treatment for mild hypothermia warhorse George Day took control of midfield and opened play up.
- The visitors' skipper Mark Batty 69 and old warhorse Steve Dalby 44 set up the comfortable victory.
- Given Mortimer's own frail health, it was widely assumed that the old warhorse had been pensioned - if not killed - off.
- As staunch Padmaja-supporters are rallying behind the emerging leader in the ‘I’ faction, the old warhorses in the union have raised a banner of revolt against her appointment.
- David Wetherall and Mark Bower were always on top of old warhorse Wayne Allison, who on Saturday's evidence looks past his sell-by date.
- And Amir Peretz, who has rejoined the Labor Party, is running for party leader in primaries later this month against (among others) the old Labor warhorse Shimon Peres.
- Knowles played alongside Derek Dougan - that famous old Northern Ireland warhorse who went on to control the club several years later.
- The youthful John Edwards goes into battle with that old warhorse Dick Cheney in round two of the campaign debates.
- The old warhorse Darren Starkey gave Copmanthorpe the first half lead at Pocklington and Mark Flood wrapped up the points in the second period as Cop won 2-0.
- Maligned forward Jamal Mashburn has improved his defense and stayed healthy, and 34-year-old warhorse Dan Majerle is still capable of hitting clutch jump shots.
- Holmes however was just seen in an exhibition fight, so it might be that the old warhorse will still step in the ring despite what the public would hope.
- Gorton rode into the Senate in 1980 on the heels of the Reagan landslide, defeating that old liberal warhorse, Warren Magnuson.
- There has been a welcome youthful look to Stuart Kennedy's side this term but it was that old warhorse Gary McLaughlin who set up this victory with a remarkable six wicket haul.
- That old warhorse, Miguel Angel Nadal, reflected on Ireland and the previous meeting between the teams in a Lansdowne Road World Cup qualifier in 1993.
- You won't find any mention of his new job on the BBC News site, which neglects to inform us where the old Shadow Chancellor will be plying his trade in the newly-shuffled Conservative warhorse.
- Don't forget, I was the astute observer who told you to watch out for desperate political warhorses with nothing to lose, such as Joe ‘Grand-Mere’ Clark.