In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1avión de combate masculino
- US warplanes bombed Kandahar airport yesterday as Pashtun tribesmen fought Arab fighters on the ground.
- According to Hill, Australian warplanes will not bomb schools and hospitals.
- In the meantime, there were repeated air strikes on the city from US warplanes and helicopter gunships.
- He said that about a dozen warplanes had dropped bombs on the target, accompanied by support planes.
- A BBC correspondent said between 10 and 12 people were killed Sunday when a U.S. warplane bombed a convoy carrying U.S. Special Forces and Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq.
- The site remained in Iraqi hands yesterday, a day after a US warplane dropped four bunker-buster bombs and blasted a smoking crater 60 feet deep at the restaurant.
- In 1991, it was the scene of one of the worst atrocities of the first Persian Gulf War, when a British warplane dropped bombs on a crowded market, killing 150 civilians.
- Stafford at one time was one of the museum's prime contractors for restoring historic warplanes.
- A warplane dropped a 550-pound bomb on a building where he and other Hamas leaders were meeting, but Yassin escaped with just a small wound to his hand.
- A U.S. warplane dropped two bombs on a suspected insurgent command center near Ramadi on Wednesday, the AP said, adding that it was not known whether casualties resulted.
- Whenever the noise of warplanes began the child would mime the approaching bombers, sweeping her arms through the air.
- Shortly after, I began learning to fly with the sole goal of flying vintage warplanes.
- RAF and United States warplanes bombed three sites in southern Iraq yesterday in the biggest display of allied air power for six months.
- There is a sizable military garrison in the country and US warplanes are familiar sights at Saudi air force bases.
- The warplanes and helicopter gunships were ready, their crews primed to deliver precision strikes.
- The claim was flatly denied by the Ministry of Defence, which said no UK warplanes had been on bombing missions.
- In the worst of a series of friendly fire incidents, 18 American special forces and their Kurdish allies were killed when they were bombed by a US warplane.
- Two Palestinian policemen crouch as a bomb from an Israeli warplane hits a camp of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat's Force 17 security force, in Gaza City on Tuesday.
- We need guns and rockets, bombs and warplanes, tanks and warships for our defence.
- The US forces destroyed two houses from which they were taking fire, one being destroyed by a 500 pound bomb from a warplane they called in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.