In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1garantía femeninoit's sold under warranty — se vende con garantía
- to be in / under warranty — estar bajo / en garantía
- the car is out of warranty — el coche ya no está en garantía / ya no tiene garantía
- Manufacturers void their warranties if the labels on their water heaters are obscured.
- At some point, though, the company will have to pull the plug because the warranty will be too costly to maintain.
- If the item you have purchased is still in its warranty period, you have the right to demand a full refund, replacement of the item by a new one of the same kind, a discount, or a free repair.
- The extent of the tax difficulties will be established and the sellers will have to provide warranties to the purchasers to cover the contingent liabilities.
- If you buy your car here in Namibia and request the 250 km/h limiter to be removed, you will loose your warranty.
- Check whether there are any warranties, guarantees or after-sale services provided with your purchase.
- In nearly all cases, the equipment comes with no warranties and no guarantees that the computers will even work.
- If you're having any problems with your new car, take it back to the dealer and have it repaired under your manufacturer's warranty.
- Legal counsel should review all advertising materials, warranties, guarantees, and sales agreements.
- They even come with guarantees and warranties, just as you would expect with a new model.
- The investigation will look at both manufacturer guarantees and extended warranties.
- Many warranties issued up to three years ago are still valid, and dealers say three-year warranties were issued with the manufacturer's backing.
- Before you buy, have the dealer start the model up for you so you can hear how loud it runs, and check out the manufacturer's warranties.
- According to Mr Clare, a staggering 71 out of every 100 washing machines sold with an extended warranty incur claims within three years of purchase!
- All models have a three-year warranty (five years in Britain), while the owner gets free three-year AA membership.
- Shop with retailers you know and trust and read their guarantees and warranties.
- What's worse, though, is the fact that the major manufacturers shortened their warranty periods last fall to just one year.
- All new cars come with a manufacturer's warranty, which generally runs for one to three years.
- Details of warranties, guarantees, or other optional features, including the acceptable resulting radon level.
- Each region of the world will set its own warranty policies, but the three-year warranty will definitely be available in the United States, he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.