In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buque de guerra masculinobarco de guerra masculino
- Two Royal Navy warships have taken up the rare opportunity to participate in Russian Navy Days.
- This applied research programme is intended for use in both existing and future Royal Navy surface warships.
- She is designed to replenish warships with bunker and aviation fuel, lubricants and fresh water.
- Hmas Stuart one of the Royal Australian Navy's newest warships has been given her pink slip.
- He is the only junior rating to have a warship named for him, the Collins class submarine HMAS Sheean.
- He designed merchant ships and warships which were later to play a major role in the Second World War.
- Kent is one of the Navy's latest warships, having joined the Fleet in 2000.
- On some ships, particularly warships, the winch and hawse pipes might be below the deck.
- The Bangladeshi Navy has a number of former British warships in its fleet, according to Jane's Fighting Ships.
- Traditionally a warship's paying-off pennant is the length of the ship plus one foot for every year of service.
- The crew of two Royal Navy warships returned home from the war in Iraq yesterday to a noisy reception from loved ones.
- Seven British warships and support vessels have set off on a voyage around the world to mark the new millennium.
- These ships accounted for the sinking or damaging of a number of warships and merchant ships.
- About 24 British Royal Navy warships as well as 23,000 British troops are in the region.
- Royal Navy warships are constantly engaged in large exercises and Sheffield is no exception.
- Wind has disrupted the advance of great warships like battleships and aircraft carriers.
- In the medieval period there was no absolute distinction between merchant ships and warships.
- Then it was rolled down to the water's edge along a walkway and loaded on to a powder hoy to be ferried to the waiting warship.
- The warships and support ships at the Pang-nga Naval Pier were in disarray.
- The warship was stripped of weapons in 1985 and used as a Navigational Training ship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.