In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lavablethis fabric is machine-washable — esta tela se puede lavar a máquina
- And yet the chair's slipcover is removable and washable, and any pet hair or spills won't jump out as much as they would on a white slipcover.
- Linen is technically a washable fabric, but how you launder your sewn project, depends on the construction rather than the content.
- The dress must be basically washable in warm water & able to be agitated at least somewhat for uniform dyeing.
- The removable front grill with replaceable debris screen and washable speaker cavity area allows users to easily wash away dust and other debris.
- Another thing you'll notice after investigating washable cloth pads is that there is much more variety in design amongst the cloth pads than there is in the mainstream products.
- Ideally the technique is used on washable fabrics, since water is required to remove the marking lines and water-soluble thread.
- A removable washable fan filter is implemented to keep the dust bunnies from multiplying inside the case.
- Stuffed toys that cannot be washed should be removed or replaced with washable toys.
- The black air filter is removable and washable.
- Not only are they generally stronger than plastic bags, but they are washable and can be used over and over again.
- We will look for more washable fabrics, rather than having to dry-clean with all those dangerous chemicals.
- Natural sheepskin is preferable because it provides natural lanolin to exposed skin, 17 although it is expensive and is not washable.
- Add a few pillows and a throw, and you have changed the entire look of your furniture for little money, the covers are washable, and you can make one for each season if you want.
- Like silk, if you pre-wash rayon fabric prior to construction of the garment, you have a washable garment.
- If washable paper you may be able to wipe off with a sudsy sponge, followed by damp sponge.
- Then, if fabric is washable, launder in warm water and detergent.
- The sofa and armchair are dressed in washable slipcovers for easy care, making the guesthouse a place where kids are welcome and parents won't worry.
- In addition to the birthing pool hire, Ruth and David are selling washable nappies and ethical laundry liquids.
- Some models, such as those made by Brandt, have washable metallic filters that can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- He should wear complete covering - hood, coveralls, rubber gloves, and rubber boots or washable non-canvas shoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.