In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papelera femeninocesto de los papeles masculinocanasto de los papeles masculinopapelero masculino Cono Sur
- As Erica watches the film, she reaches into a wastepaper basket and pulls from it the tissues used by a previous occupant.
- I have now remade the bed, emptied all the wastepaper baskets and hoovered upstairs.
- Raoul was not amused to find me flicking my chewing gum into a priceless installation piece I assumed was a wastepaper basket.
- A woman called Lola arrived at HQ with some denunciations which went into the wastepaper basket as soon as her back was turned.
- He laid his car keys down on the table and was about to throw the junk mail in the wastepaper basket under the table when he noticed it was full.
- I picked up the pile of pamphlets and dumped them in the wastepaper basket.
- All they need is money for pencils, paper and wastepaper baskets.
- Tomorrow, we will have to consign other laws to the wastepaper basket.
- I tossed the first two chapters in the wastepaper basket at four o'clock this morning and shall probably do so again tomorrow.
- In addition to cleaning the offices, the job entailed sifting through the wastepaper baskets and any unlocked cupboards attempting to find any trace of more than a hundred lost files.
- I think they'll take one look at this and toss it in the wastepaper basket.
- If the pamphlet is directed at a non-Irish audience I very much doubt if it will get farther than their wastepaper baskets.
- Archie bounded over and sat on the edge of my desk, knocking my keyboard into the wastepaper basket.
- He then rolled the paper wrapping into a ball and casually flipped it into the wastepaper basket.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.