In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(ink/paint) a base de agua
- We tend to use water-based paints, as these are much more friendly to the environment.
- You can get these at paint stores (they must be water-based pigments) or at construction supply houses that sell integral color for concrete.
- In fact, the paint was chosen because acrylic or water-based paint would not stick to tiles or run across the roof, and would therefore be less difficult to remove.
- They could use small amounts of thick, water-based glue applied with a toothpick.
- People learn how to hand decorate a collection of unglazed pottery with water-based glazes.
- It needs to dry out a bit before we can recoat it with a water-based wood preservative.
- Its sustainably forested wood is stained with nontoxic, water-based dyes.
- I'll stick with a water-based solution for now.
- Pieces may be attached with glue or any water-based adhesive.
- Wooden eggs were coated with a water-based wood finish and then sanded prior to painting with acrylic paint.
- We use a modern water-based timber preservative that doesn't flake, and we just put on one coat with no need for preparation.
- Was the glue used in binding a water-based resin adhesive?
- The main drawback of water-based coatings is that dispersing polymers in water inevitably incurs a penalty in terms of chemical resistance properties.
- That fluoride, as well as naturally occurring fluoride in some well and municipal water supplies, then finds its way into water-based beverages and foods.
- We've designed the building so that the indoor air quality is quite high, so we've used all water-based paints and glues.
- It also vowed to improve air quality in plants by switching to more costly water-based glues and by improving ventilation.
- Demonstrating great skill in their medium, the 19 artists involved stretch and explore the physical properties of water-based paint.
- Since water always contains a balanced amount of the two ions and the equation shown above is true for all water-based solutions, the following equation can be formed.
- Compared with water-based coatings, hot-melt adhesive coatings ensure anchorage and eliminate the risk of residue depositing on the medical device.
- When using a water-based glaze on our clay projects, I asked a second-grader what color he wanted to use.
2(sport) acuático(sport) de agua
- The canals have provided an opportunity for residents to enjoy open space views, and have provided a recreational space for much water-based recreation.
- The idyllic, mild climate and transparent sea makes it the most attractive area for underwater and surface water-based activities including sailing and diving.
- Some of the water-based activities already organised include, a rowing regatta organised by Athy Rowing Club and the community teams raft race for the Bertie Kiernan memorial trophy.
- Most people probably believe that to increase strength they need to be on the gym floor pumping iron with the body builders, but here's how you can justify that water-based activities can be an effective strength training workout.
- It has a wide, gently shelving shoreline and a marvellous array of water-based activities including surfing, skiing or sailing.
- He now teaches on the course, lecturing on water-based activities, health enhancing physical activities and the philosophy of play and games.
- More and more people are taking to water-based activities in their leisure time.
- The benefits for tourism, water-based activities and general overall quality of life are enormous.
- The aim is to recreate the spirit of the annual water-based event at Henley-on-Thames.
- Just about every water sport imaginable is available, with many less strenuous activities also being water-based.
- The report criticises local planners for being unfriendly to firms offering water-based recreation.
- ‘The paramount need is to ensure the safety on the water of children and young people, particularly as they are becoming more and more involved in water-based activities,’ he said.
- The Ganga and the Jalangi will be developed with water-based recreation activities in mind.
- Everybody should use common sense when swimming or participating in other water-based activities and the simple Water Safety Code of Conduct should be followed at all times.
- Planned activities in the future such as water-based activities will run on the canal alongside the Park.
- Due to a lack of increased funding for recreational facilities over the past four or five years, the nation's largest provider of water-based recreation is cutting back services at some lakes and closing facilities at others.
- As well as regattas, water carnivals, sailing and other water-based events, the project aims to involve events such as sea shanty evenings, poems and pints, quayside music performances, and other land-based activities.
- The scheme will also support projects in the areas of special interest activities like walking, cycling, horse-riding, outdoor activities and water-based activities.
- A York worker hopes his dive into the unknown will encourage disabled people across the country to enjoy a water-based sport.
- In fact, the Corps is now the nation's leading provider of water-based recreation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.