In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1soluble en aguahidrosoluble
- Cyanide is a colourless, lethal, water-soluble poison occasionally used by mafia assassins.
- Never soak them; water-soluble vitamins will leach into the soaking water.
- Vitamins in the B group are water soluble, which means that body stores of most water-soluble vitamins vary daily according to our daily diet.
- There are no toxicity issues with water-soluble vitamins, because they flush out of the body.
- Fortunately, the ink in the pen turned out to be water-soluble, and a cycle through through the washing machine has got them clean again.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.