In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(height of water)nivel del agua masculino
- In fact, throughout November and early December, the water level in the tank was three-four feet.
- At the Shihmen Dam in Taoyuan County, the water level yesterday reached 220m, or 31.9 percent of the reservoir's capacity.
- In the 1990s, low rainfall caused the River Gambia's water level to become low.
- During an average year, the water level in the reserve can rise thirty to forty feet.
- When the water level reaches too close for comfort the villagers would dismantle their homes and move further up the hill.
- The water level was extremely high, and the river was almost overflowing over the dam.
- With the light showers, the water level improved in the tank.
- The switch activates the bilge pump when the rising water level reaches a depth of 2 inches.
- Measures were taken immediately to bring down the water level in the reservoir, near which 17 houses were flooded, the Civil Defence office said.
- As the water level reached the top, I shut off the tap, bringing the glass up to my lips and sipping it silently.
- Even a midsize or small river can overflow into streets if a storm causes the water level to rise quickly.
- The administration has, however, established a control room near the river to monitor its water level round the clock.
- Down river in the community, the water level rises only minimally.
- The pump is powerful enough to create a vortex in the reservoir and if the water level is too low, this vortex will reach down into the pump inlet and bubbles will be pumped through the system.
- If the water level is too low, the ship would hit the river bottom.
- The clear knob at the front allows you to keep an eye on water level in the external reservoir/pump/radiator box.
- It's said that as one herd crossed a river it would raise the water level several feet.
- The water level in the 1,819 foot high Linganamakki reservoir rose to 1794.30 feet, up by three feet in one day.
- This will remove 770 million gallons of water from Mugdock, leaving 110 million gallons and a water level of 282 ft in the reservoir.
- The question is: what happens to the water level in the fish tank?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.