In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(substance)ablandador de agua masculinodescalcificador masculino
- We've replaced the furnace, hot water heater and water softener all in one year.
- However, very hard water can deposit mineral film on dishes, glasses, and flatware, and on dishwasher pump and moving parts; it is wise if water if very hard to install a water softener before installing a dishwasher.
- Cold seltzer is actually pretty nice, but when it gets warmer and it loses its fizz, it just becomes water that tastes like you need to go have a water softener installed in the house.
- A well pumps the water into my home and because it's unsuitable as is, it's processed through a device called a water softener.
- Use natural, unscented laundry soap and add borax, washing soda or baking soda as a water softener.
- Addition of water softener helps reduce the possibility of further damage.
- Those who can afford to put a water softener on or to take a precaution with their tap washers will be paid for by those who cannot afford to take such precautions.
- We discovered the need to have a water analysis done to quantify the hardness, because a water softener to lower the dissolved mineral content was on the horizon.
- The chemical soda ash, which contains sodium, is used to manufacture glass, soaps, paper and water softeners.
- Why can't the council put a water softener at the source?
- I attended the annual home show and, although I don't like to be harassed by people telling me how much I really need a home water softener, I would go again just to see the displays of plants, especially the orchids.
- Rainwater typically has very low hardness levels, which reduces the use of soaps and detergents, and eliminates the need for a water softener.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.