In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vataje masculinouse a bulb with a higher/lower wattage — usa una bombilla de más/menos vatios
- Available bulb wattages range from 4 watts, up to 50 watts (halogen).
- Hence, this relationship was used to determine the number and wattage of lamps to use for disinfection of room air.
- A bulb of too high wattage or the wrong type may lead to fire through overheating.
- The reason for this is, if replacement bulbs have a different voltage or wattage to the original set, your lights will be dimmer or brighter and this will overload the light chain and permanently damage the set.
- Circuits can only handle a specified total wattage of all the electrical products connected to that circuit.
- Generally, the bigger the battery, the longer the burn time for the same wattage of lamp.
- Use special, heavy duty extension cords for high wattage appliances such as air conditioners, portable electric heaters, and freezers.
- Incandescent ceiling lights, when properly installed, are reasonably safe if the bulb wattages are in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
- Also, because the light is redirected downward, the same amount of illumination can be achieved using a lower wattage bulb.
- What if total bulb wattage exceeds my power pack rating?
- Multiply the wattage of each individual electrical device by the number of hours you expect to use them each day.
- He also wondered at what stage the Corporation was at with its public lighting programme for this year - if the wattage of lights could be increased and if extra lighting could be provided in his area.
- But their high wattage and high surface brightness have limited their use to large open spaces.
- Appliance wattage is usually listed on the manufacturer's label.
- Total up the total wattage of appliances and lights you need running during a blackout.
- Also, the wattage will in part depend simply on the tastes of the room's inhabitants; some people find a very high-wattage light harsh, even in an incandescent bulb.
- The brightness level of the lighting is determined by the bulb wattage that is selected.
- Don't let the low wattages fool you - these are serious CPUs that can do serious tasks.
- I was looking for 25 watt bulbs, a ridiculous wattage, but that's what the original fixture in the dining room wants.
- For those that must be on, switch to a lower wattage or try low-pressure sodium lights that reduce glare.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.