In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papel de cera masculinopapel encerado masculinopapel parafinado masculino Españapapel (de) manteca masculino Río de la Platapapel (de) mantequilla masculino Chile
- Let the balls sit on a sheet of waxed paper for 24 hours to harden and dry.
- His creations include attractive-looking lampshades made of laminated and waxed paper, with dried flowers making for beautiful floral patterns.
- The thin panes of glass were thick with frost, which enhanced the atmosphere as if we viewed the world through waxed paper.
- Where the lunchbox is concerned, tin foil and waxed paper are portable, non-plastic options.
- When cold, remove and keep in an airtight tin or wrap individual pieces in waxed paper.
- Use fall leaves that have been dried between sheets of waxed paper on windowsills, shelves, and mantels.
- I simply said, ‘cover in with plastic or waxed paper and set the time for one minute.’
- If you place a sheet of waxed paper on top of each crepe as you stack them, the crepes can be easily separated when cold.
- Place the dough balls between two sheets of waxed paper.
- While small plastic bags are still in use for fruit and vegetables, there's even been a policy change at the meat counter, where most purchases are wrapped in waxed paper.
- The piece is double-wrapped in waxed paper, and is in its original box.
- The gum is wrapped in waxed paper so that it doesn't stick to the paper.
- For the base coat, dip and swirl half of the berries in one type of chocolate and half in the other and lay them to dry on a sheet of waxed paper.
- I remember having this product before anyone I knew recognized what it was, bringing sandwiches to school wrapped in Saran when other kids had sandwiches wrapped in waxed paper.
- Cut a circle of waxed paper to fit the bottom of the pan.
- Lay a piece of waxed paper on a flat work surface or chopping board.
- The next morning Mrs. Gordon was up early, making stacks of ham and cheese sandwiches that she wrapped in waxed paper.
- He brought tacos rolled up in waxed paper or fried chicken in a bucket, or ham sandwiches from the cafeteria.
- If your paper curls or buckles after the paint is dry, flatten it by placing a piece of waxed paper over it and weight it down with several heavy books overnight.
- Place basil leaves on a cookie sheet which has been lined with waxed paper and place the tray in the freezer.
- Simply place the cut between two sheets of waxed paper and pound it evenly until the entire piece is approximately 1/4-inch thick.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.