In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lista de boda femenino
- Four in ten said they prefer to choose a gift from a wedding list whilst over half prefer to choose a gift themselves.
- Wedding lists are for people who don't have two tea-towels to rub together because they're nineteen and live in Stamford Hill.
- If only I'd gone down the road most couples take and opted for a wedding list.
- Even guests are having to pay out more to attend the big day, with the total cost of the wedding list rising by 1,500 in the past two years alone.
- Wedding lists normally request items for the house, cutlery, crockery and such like.
- And at a mere 48 years old, there should be loads of time left for him to notch up a few more wedding lists.
- He lives in Shetland so he put his wedding list on the internet which was a great idea.
- As society develops and changes so customs such as the wedding list are changing too.
- If I ever got married again the first thing on the wedding list would be ' no towels '. "
- Department store chain John Lewis reported last year that the value of its wedding lists had risen by 20 per cent in a single year.
- This has fuelled evermore imaginative and, in some cases, extravagant wedding lists.
- I shall put one on my wedding list.
- Some people consider wedding lists vulgar, but then they probably inherited all their china.
- For couples about to embark on a formal rollercoaster ride of commitment, I reckon essential elements on the wedding list are games machines and cooperative titles.
- We even have people registering their wedding lists with us.
- Earlier this year, 2,000 couples were left without their presents when the wedding list retailer Wrapit collapsed.
- Of the £ 3,533 worth of presents on the wedding list, no less than one-third are connected with alcohol.
- To avoid dragging crystal cut glasses out from under the stairs for the best part of this century, create a wedding list at Good Gifts or Nearly Married.
- Brown Thomas has gone live with a new computerised wedding gift service, which allows couples to scan the barcodes of items they wish to place on their wedding list.
- Now it also contains a unique new section created by Paula Onslow, who has years of experience in helping couples to plan and organise their perfect wedding list.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.