In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1báscula de puente femenino
- On the highways, Government will do well to come in and set up weighbridges to trap overloading truckers.
- Once inside the factory grounds, the lorries drive over a weighbridge where their gross weight is automatically measured.
- When the lorry was taken to a weighbridge it was found to be overweight on the rear axle as well as for the gross load.
- The new law also applies to petrol pumps, alcohol dispensers, weighbridges, industrial scales, firewood and even rubbish dumped at the tip.
- A railway station has been rebuilt near the town, featuring a goods yard, a weighbridge and a signal box.
- Sources at the town hall also confirmed the yardman, responsible for operating the weighbridge, was sacked after another disciplinary hearing.
- The port has applied for a grant to provide a weighbridge at the port because of new fish-landing requirements.
- There will be roadblocks around the metropolitan areas and every suspicious-looking vehicle within a 20 kilometre of a weighbridge or vehicle-testing centre will be inspected.
- The driver of the skip wagon told police he had waited several minutes while another vehicle left the weighbridge.
- The weighbridge at the entrance to the dump had been affected by an electrical fault on Friday afternoon last week.
- The vehicles underwent a visual examination, and a mobile weighbridge and emissions unit were also used.
- All types of vehicles were said to be by-passing the weighbridges without even reporting, pretending to be empty.
- The introduction of weighbridges may have serious implications for fishermen around the coast.
- The chairman said it was regrettable that two fishing vessels, loaded with mackerel, were unable to land their catches at the port recently because the weighbridge was not in operation.
- The divers involved claim that the fish weighed 32 kg, so big in fact that it had to be taken to a public weighbridge.
- Alternatively you can bring your waste in loads and pay per weight by using the weighbridge.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.