In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Matemáticascoeficiente de ponderación masculino
2BritanicoComerciosuplemento (salarial) masculinoprima (salarial) femeninoplus (salarial) masculinoLondon weighting — suplemento salarial por trabajar en Londres
- The strike is the latest step in the campaign against the employers' ten-year freeze of the London weighting allowance.
- At one level the issue of London weighting is simply about the extra costs faced by workers in the capital, notably for housing and travel.
- Two, European markets have a high weighting in telecom stocks - even higher than the U.S. market - and these stocks have taken it on the chin of late.
- Workers are being balloted separately on national pay and the London weighting allowance.
- He believed that through careful weighting, online surveys could be projected to the national population, and projected accurately.
- The weighting of the income thresholds will also target giving medical cards to more children and people with disabilities.
- He said postal workers in London were in line for a 14.5 pert cent basic pay rise and increases in London weighting of up to 12.6 per cent.
- Frustrated Council workers went on strike this week in a protest over their London weighting allowance.
- Such an approach avoids artificial weighting of variables and emphasizes the main sources of variance.
- The result for the ballot on London weighting was due on Friday.
- The feedback system fails because it gives equal weighting to non-paying buyers and the unpaid sellers.
- London weighting is an extra payment that some workers receive to compensate for the higher cost of living in the capital.
- University workers are pressing for an improvement in their London weighting allowance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.