In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(intervention) acertadoyou would be well advised to seek legal advice — sería aconsejable / prudente que buscaras asesoramiento legal
- If you are within sight of Edinburgh Castle this Friday night you would be well advised to look to the skies.
- The organisation would be well advised to use the time to think through the implications of the stance it has taken.
- The candidates will be well advised to have a good ‘listening’ ear in the weeks ahead.
- There is a glossary; but you will be well advised to keep a detailed and extensive dictionary of world religion close by.
- It descends without warning, morning or evening and motorists would be well advised to treat warnings with respect.
- Obviously, this is a development that the authorities are well advised to deal urgently and fast.
- Judges and prosecutors are therefore well advised to practice the law with wisdom and compassion.
- There have been warnings of late of potato blight and people with sowings of potatoes would be well advised to spray.
- Nevertheless, they would be well advised to take measures to ensure that something of this nature does not happen again.
- For their own sake and that of the country, they would be well advised to concentrate on issues about which the electorate actually cares.
- Most newly released prisoners would be well advised to make use of this money to fund the postage costs incurred in seeking gainful employment.
- This particular strain seems to be quite hard to shake and you would be well advised to see your doctor if it hasn't cleared up in a week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.