In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sentence) gramaticalmente correcto
- Speech (the utterance of a well-formed sentence in a particular situation) establishes three kinds of relation to reality.
- Though grammatically well-formed, the sentence is meaningless - that was Chomsky's point, the independence of syntax from meaning.
- True elementary arithmetic consists of all true well-formed sentences of this restricted language.
- It is a well-formed English sentence with a use in the language.
- A perfectly well-formed answer to this question is ‘One’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.