In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(decision/commentator) bien informadoto be well-informed about sth — estar muy informado sobre algo
- He is one of the industry's most well-informed voices on this subject.
- After all, they are by historical standards fairly well-informed and well-educated.
- He is, by all accounts, intelligent and well-informed.
- Denmark has an intelligent, well-informed electorate whose hearts and minds are intrinsically pro-Europe.
- For the two founders, who prided themselves on being well-informed, it would be a harsh lesson in the dangers of being too clever and too cloistered.
- Today's international tourists are educated, well-informed and have the whole world at their fingertips.
- Free and fair elections also include a well-informed electorate.
- He is exceptionally thorough, intelligent and well-informed.
- Full, open honesty and a total disclosure is the only way you have a well-informed proper debate.
- There was no consoling this deeply troubled but well-informed and cultured man of letters.
- His style of writing is admirably jargon-free, his methodology sophisticated and well-informed.
- This is a well-informed and fair-minded contribution to an ongoing debate.
- For a ten-year-old his questions are intelligent and well-informed.
- As yet there has been little well-informed public debate about the subject.
- I took him to be a man in his sixties, strong-faced, intelligent and well-informed.
- These people are all so well-informed, so confident, so articulate… so how could anything I say be of interest to them?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.