- There was no way back for the Welshwoman, 10 years her senior, after she had conceded a four-foot birdie to Wie who had split the fairway with a monster drive down the 13th.
- In the final few strides the Glaswegian eased past both Richards and Catherine Murthy, the Welshwoman who had previously held the fastest time by a Briton this year.
- Known as the Merched y Wawr, or Women of the Dawn, it is dedicated to promoting the rights of Welshwomen, the Welsh language and culture, and organizing charitable projects.
- The unseeded Welshwoman twice led in the match before David, the No2 seed, delighted the crowd with a victory.
- Yesterday, as if to make amends, the 26-year-old Welshwoman turned out for the team at 200m and in the 4x400m relay.
- Its unusual history began when a rich Welshwoman from Glamorgan, Magaret Morris, married her French tutor, Noel Desenfans, just before the Revolution in his native country.
- Even the Welshwoman who runs the off-licence in Tomintoul, prefers nosing whisky to drinking it and opts for a glass of white wine over both.