In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peso welter masculinopeso medio-mediano masculino
- I'll clean up everything at light welter then I'll move up to welterweight and clean up there as well.
- The merciless street-fighter known as the ‘fists of stone’ went on to win world titles at lightweight, welterweight and light middleweight.
- Hearns put many outstanding fighters to sleep for the count of 10 with one right hand from welterweight up to super middleweight.
- Hearns is an all-time great anywhere from welterweight thru middleweight!
- A very knowledgeable student fills her in with the exact difference between the different weights in boxing including welterweight, which she hadn't asked for.
- The 23-year-old will make his debut at welterweight on a dinner show in Middlesbrough on September 23.
- For four years there were no title fights for the welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight or heavyweight crowns.
- He has won titles at welterweight and middleweight.
- Henry Armstrong held world titles at featherweight, lightweight and welterweight simultaneously and won 150 fights.
- He went on to win the light welter weight title the following year and five more at welterweight.
- At the 2003 Pan American Games, the USA qualified a spot in three divisions: featherweight, welterweight and super heavyweight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.