In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carnero castrado masculino
- Twenty-five skeletally mature crossbred merino wethers were used with the approval of our local Animal Care and Ethics Committee.
- In Trial 3, the effects of corn smut on the in vivo digestibility of high corn silage diets were determined with mature Hampshire-cross wethers.
- The system encouraged a change from wethers to ewes.
- Most adult sheep were wethers (castrated rams) raised mainly for wool.
- They brought with them 350 ewes, 45 wethers, ten bullocks, six heifers, one bull, four horses, and a number of goats and some poultry.
- A cold southerly rain storm caught the newly shorn wethers and four hundred died because the cold congealed the fat around their kidneys.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.