In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de neoprene masculinotraje de neopreno masculino
- At the end of the winter (late April) perhaps it had cooled a little, but a shortie wetsuit was only just adequate.
- The one-piece wetsuit he was wearing indicates that Mr Dineen had been diving.
- Ricketts couldn't have looked more out of his depth had he taken to the field in flippers and a wetsuit.
- Kitted out with helmets, wetsuits, buoyancy aids and paddles, our team piles into two inflatable rafts, drifting gently downriver.
- What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is I take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit.
- There he sold his first wetsuits, a few vests he made from gluing together pieces of neoprene.
- Fiji's waters are warm, although lightweight wetsuits or Lycra suits help protect against cuts and stings.
- Luckily the men were wearing their buoyancy-compensating vests and wetsuits.
- Lil and Fester had decided to do a bit of snorkelling and had donned wetsuits for the adventure.
- The sea here is as cold as Cornwall in winter and you have to wear a full wetsuit, boots, gloves and a hood to insulate you from the frigid waters and equally cold winds.
- Katkandu motors through a gap in the barrier reef between South Water Caye and Carrie Bow Caye as we pull on shortie wetsuits, weight belts, tanks, fins.
- Fabroc is currently being used for outdoor clothing of all types including underwater wetsuits for deep-sea use.
- The water at this time of year is cold and murky - we don wetsuits with hoods and booties - and there are long hours of detailed study work to complete.
- My son is really into bodyboarding, although he's missing a leash and flippers, and doesn't own a wetsuit.
- From shell-encrusted jewellery and belts through sequinned flip-flops and swimsuits to wetsuits and boards, it's all here.
- So whilst Tim was whisking around in tight circles in his own, go-faster-striped coracle, his pupils were still pulling on old jeans, swimming costumes or wetsuits.
- Winter temperatures drop a little, but still make for comfortable diving in a wetsuit.
- I had forgotten to bring my wetsuit, but fortunately was well-equipped in my thermal underpants and a lifejacket.
- Its skin was like spongy neoprene rubber, the stuff wetsuits are made from, and its eyes were just so peedie for such a big animal.
- A diving holiday more often than not means a tropical location with waters so warm you just need a light wetsuit or dive skin as thermal protection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.