In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trapichero masculino coloquialtrapichera femenino coloquial
- Once a pure and sincere member of the literati, he is now a superb wheeler-dealer in Shanghai's real estate market.
- The game provides such wheelers and dealers with a profile that would not be forthcoming were they to hook up with similarly sized businesses outside of it.
- He agreed with Pareto that universal suffrage promoted the corrupt and devious political skills of the flatterer, the wheeler-dealer, and the populist demagogue.
- Three officers spent months working as wheeler-dealers on a market, paying the thieves for mobile phones they had stolen from members of the public.
- This gives you the feeling of actually being there, out there amongst the dusty border towns, amidst the rocks and the hard places, with the wheeler-dealers in shanty tea-stalls.
- The Algerian wheeler-dealer was on the run from the law last week, his business empire in ruins.
- The Burnley boss has been an astute wheeler and dealer in the loan market this season, but again finds his resources stretched to the limit for the forthcoming double-header.
- He's an example of India's emerging urban middleclass - the wheeler and dealer with a mobile phone.
- By picture's end, Shaw has to navigate a thicket of Chinese organized crime figures, politicos and wheeler-dealers - plus his own traitorous colleagues - to save the day and, not incidentally, his own neck.
- For we have had enough of political wheeler-dealers.
- So his stunt was to prove to his family just what a sharp wheeler-dealer he normally was during office hours.
- The syndicalists despised equally the opportunistic orgmen of the parties and the breezy, compromising wheelers and dealers of business.
- He could be brash, streetwise, a wheeler-dealer and charming.
- Would you believe these shrewd, profit-minded wheeler-dealers are pocketing a whopping 100 per cent of the profits on the sales of those puppies?!
- I can imagine the flood of phone calls to the local association and hear the muttered curses and imprecations of massed wheelers and dealers.
- Then she hosted cocktail parties for high-flying business men and low crawling wheelers and dealers, one of whom managed to deal the pair right out of their boat.
- He is a general wheeler-dealer, and has dabbled in building materials, engineering and property.
- You are a classic buy-to-let merchant, otherwise known as a wheeler-dealer.
- Exclusive Some start-ups are comprised of wide-eyed wheelers and dealers with little technical expertise.
- That said, as a kid I was already a wheeler-dealer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.