In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contenedor de basura (con ruedas) masculino
- Cr Swientek also wanted to give people garbage bags to store their rubbish while their wheelie bin contained water.
- As for the rest of food packagings, well, there is always the wheelie bin.
- One by one, she held them underwater in the kitchen sink before dumping their bodies in plastic bags in her wheelie bin.
- In any event, if a lid is not closed properly on a wheelie bin, a fox will forage in the bin and the rubbish will still be strewn.
- I leave you with this motto don't be dim, use a wheelie bin.
- The council is also supplying houses with a white sack to collect waste paper, and a brown wheelie bin for garden rubbish.
- I line my bucket with them and when full of bits and pieces I tie up the last bag and put it in my wheelie bin, keeping the latter clean.
- I can fit five or six bin bags in my wheelie bin, and I have a large family.
- For a fee of about £20 a year, householders could receive a wheelie bin for garden refuse which would go for composting.
- Ryan's body was then wrapped in a bin bag, put in a wheelie bin and wheeled through the streets and dumped on Farnworth golf course.
- Every week we had a full recycle bin and newspaper bag as well as a full wheelie bin, which were all collected weekly.
- I was told once the green boxes were not emptied because of the weather, but on the same day my grey wheelie bin was emptied along with my white sack.
- The fire started in a wheelie bin pushed against a door, and the flames were already starting to spread into the building when the first crew arrived.
- In one incident in Salford, a fire started in a wheelie bin near a cable box damaged underground cables.
- I bet eight out ten people, put plastic in their wheelie bin.
- It is very important that all waste is placed inside your wheelie bin DO NOT put black bags out in the back street.
- When she was done half an hour later, she discarded the garbage bags in the wheelie bin outside by the garage.
- He had spotted the wheelie bin on its side when he came through the garden gate - but did not think anything of it because the weather had been bad overnight.
- Residents need not worry about what to do with their old bin when it is replaced by their new wheelie bin.
- I filled a number of black plastic bin bags with the food and placed them in my wheelie bin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.