1dóndeadóndedóndewhere's Lewes? — ¿dónde está / queda Lewes?
- where are you taking me? — ¿(a)dónde me llevan?
- where's that lamp from? — ¿de dónde es esa lámpara?
- where are you from? — ¿de dónde eres?
- where's the sense in waiting? — ¿qué sentido tiene esperar?
- she asked us where we lived — nos preguntó dónde vivíamos
- I don't know where to go — no sé (a)dónde ir
- a photo of where we met — una foto de(l lugar) donde nos conocimos
- from where we were sitting we had a magnificent view — desde donde estábamos sentados teníamos una magnífica vista
- put the scissors back where they belong — vuelve a poner la tijera en su sitio
- it wasn't where I'd expected it to be — no estaba donde yo esperaba
- that's where you're mistaken — en eso estás equivocado
- We all have a free choice as to where we shop, and, yes, I shop in Bolton myself.
- The first thing they asked when entering the small house was where the dustbin was.
- I live in a terraced house so where am I supposed to garage this essential part of modern living?
- But it is completely wrong for students to allow finances to decide where they study.
- No prizes, even though it's Christmas, for guessing where that source of supply is.
- It seems that if a man leaves his house without saying where he is going, he is assumed to be looking for a girlfriend.
- With the children settled into new homes, their families at last heard where they were.
- The stroller started moving so I took the cover off and helped the baby sit up and see where we were.
- No one saw what happened to the company director, or exactly where he was when the wall of water struck.
- If anyone knows where to source this vegetable in the San Francisco area, please let me know.
- Mistara was supposed to meet Scott here and see where she would be positioned next.
- Directors instantly knew where they were in the pecking order by a quick look at the seating plan.
- That then takes one on the step of identifying where the pollution source is to be found.
- At some time will you give us the references to where the blood was found on Sako's garment?
- The concern for parents is where their children will go when the college closes.
- What is wrong with parents wanting to choose where they send their children to school?
- We'd be as anxious and pleased to see and read where our former players are playing and how.
- But you're not in a position to say where he was whilst this was going on?
- The platform was then moved and the mice had to remember where it was last positioned.
- Be aware of it, but make sure when you leave, you know where the sources of information and resources are.
2(as relative)dondethe house where she was born — la casa donde nació
- where we disagree is on the method — donde no estamos de acuerdo es en el método
- There is no trace of the house where the grandparents lived for more than 40 years.
- At last, he has been allowed to take up his office in the House of Commons, where he has raised the Irish flag.
- So, what would happen in a free market where anyone could ply their trade in a cab?
- There was a site on the Internet where you could download free audio-editing software.
- Not only is he in the position where he has to make tough decisions, he doesn't cop out of them.
- He thinks more and more shoppers are simply heading to a shopping centre, where parking is free and easy.
- I wish for all my children a world where they will be free from hatred towards one another.
- His biggest fear is losing the heavily mortgaged family house, where he lives alone.
- At the same time, the Post was the first paper where I felt free to write as a gay man.
- Though she did not marry the father, he built her a house where she lived and raised their son.
- Of all the parks in the city, this may be the only one where people feel free to walk on the grass.
- Anyone know of a car where the speedometer is directly in front of the driver?
- She explained that this was the langur hall, where free meals are served round the clock.
- His estate included a house where he was living at the time of his death.
- She has two younger brothers and we all like to live as a family in a house where tennis is rarely mentioned.
- I love the idea of America, where people are free and we have a representational democracy.
- He could not even find the house where he had lived with his parents and sister.
- Even here, where free speech is a right unless the mayor doesn't like you, I cannot get a hearing.
- They run the Baen Free Library, which is a place where you can download free, complete books.
- The second reason is that Fleming gives a reference to the archive where the document can be found in Munich.
1dondeadondedondeyou won't be needing any money where you're going — adonde vas no te hará falta dinero
2(in cases where)cuandodrugs are used where other methods prove unsuccessful — se usan fármacos en los casos en que / cuando otros métodos no dan resultado
- where her private life is concerned … — cuando se trata de su vida privada …
- where appropriate/necessary/possible — cuando / allí donde sea apropiado/necesario/posible
3(contrasting)cuandowhere others would lose heart, she remains optimistic — cuando otros perderían el ánimo, ella permanece optimista