In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mentira piadosa femenino
- Following a few white lies about his TV experience, Andy was offered the job as presenter on a live children's show.
- Of course, there are plenty of legitimate routes to the top which don't involve telling little white lies about your track record.
- Little white lies or to put it in better words ‘tactful’ replies could save someone's feelings and prevent them from having to face bitter truths.
- We think it's trivial, even necessary; this is the famous white lie.
- The ideological blinders of communism, the ridiculous deception, and the white lies we tell every day - they're all just ways to avoid the shock of the truth.
- Of course we're all capable of telling little white lies.
- I told a few white lies because I would have lost my job; psychologically, I depended on those tablets.
- A little white lie to help morale couldn't hurt, I figured.
- It could be argued that these little white lies simply make the world go round a little more smoothly.
- We've all done it, told those innocent little white lies, right, and we've all had our reasons, or so we thought.
- Anyway, I see nothing wrong with little white lies in that situation to spare the gift-giver's feelings.
- Research revealed that untruths range from little white lies to huge whoppers aimed purely at personal gain.
- But his big dreams land him in hot water when a great white lie turns him into an unlikely hero.
- Maybe we find it hard to resist gossiping or telling little white lies to improve our image.
- Your mother was always good at the little white lies.
- Meagan knew better than to lie, but a little white lie never hurt anybody.
- She fools herself into thinking she can control the situation, but gradually the little white lies, awkward evasions and chance meetings combine to expose her guilty secret.
- While acknowledging he did not tell the whole truth, he insisted that white lies are commonplace in politics.
- But still, I understand the little white lies are usually harmless and many people tell them.
- And sometimes, as my wife will confirm, these little white lies will even work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.