In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salsa blanca femeninosalsa bechamel femeninobechamel femenino
- Sauces made from tomatoes, onions and olive oil or white sauces made from soya milk and cornflour were suggested as an accompaniment to evening meals.
- Serve with white sauce loaded with onions, and peas & corn on the side.
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour.
- Pizza Hut only recently eliminated chicken broth from its pizza sauce but still uses it in the white sauce in pasta dishes.
- Accompanying both our meals was a dish of leeks in white sauce, sautéed potatoes with onion and lovely sweet, nutty roast beetroot.
- As she entered the small kitchen she saw the stowaway serving plates of what looked like pasta with white sauce.
- The book had no pictures, except on the cover, which showed a large roast of lamb, fish baked in white sauce accompanied by boiled carrots, and a mould of bright red gelatin.
- Make a white sauce by melting the butter then mixing in the flour.
- There are no substitutes for decent cheese or a good old-fashioned white sauce, and pasta is always pasta.
- A white sauce is just a plain sauce that needs flavour added to it, but it is the base for any creamy sauce used in any cooking.
- Mix the cooked pasta, tomato, white sauce, salt and chilli sauce.
- More significantly, he is probably the man who first invented the famous béchamel or white sauce.
- The whole thing is flash fried and served with a spicy, crawfish based white sauce.
- Add white sauce to clam mixture and simmer 10 minutes; do not boil.
- We serve ours with a traditional fluffy white sauce dolloped on each slice.
- ‘I'd like some linguine in a white sauce with a side salad,’ I smiled up at her.
- The plate was piled high with slices of beef, Chinese pork, prawns and vegetables such as broccoli and mushrooms in a creamy, white sauce.
- The dish seems magical, but you only need a little basic cooking science to make one - it is nothing more than flavored white sauce folded into beaten egg whites.
- On the numerous occasions I've been here I or my friends have eaten all sorts of wonderful Bulgarian dishes, such as stuffed peppers with white sauce, or fried courgettes with yogurt.
- Usually, it is accompanied by potatoes, white sauce, and peas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.