In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pescado blanco masculino
- Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.
- Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.
- His father, Allan Bjornaa Sr., is a Batchewana First Nation fisherman who catches whitefish and lake trout in Lake Superior.
- All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.
- Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.