In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espino blanco masculino
- However, there appear to be lots of hips on the dog-rose, haws on the whitethorn and sloes on the blackthorn.
- The current owner, Martina Finnegan, is a mirror designer who creates wooden frames from driftwood and locally sourced whitethorn and hazel.
- A new hedge of native species such as blackthorn and whitethorn has been planted to screen the walk from the St George's Field car park.
- Patients with heart disease are taking great interest in a small tree that may be more commonly called maybush, mayblossom, or whitethorn.
- The predominant species should be whitethorn but a small percentage of hazel, hornbeam or field maple may be added.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.