- World Health Organization
1.1(in questions)(singular) quién(plural) quiéneswho is that? — ¿quién es ése?
- who are they? — ¿quiénes son?
- who are we to criticize them? — ¿quiénes somos nosotros para criticarlos?
- who are you writing to? — ¿a quién le estás escribiendo?
- Bridget who? — ¿Bridget qué / cuánto?
- who do you think you are? — ¿tú qué te crees?
- As yet we haven't been given any clues as to who can support Hounsou in the lead role.
- Who believes in intelligence reports?
- It was just begging me to open it and find out who was sending me an anonymous letter.
- Mr Summers said it is hard to plan what the group will be doing as he does not know who will audition.
- Becki wondered who had done it and whether they would let her do the same next year.
- No doubt when we arrive the press will be wondering who all these shiny new people are!
- You can listen to the bands, check the odds and see who you'd pick, and bet on them to win.
- I wonder who's going to turn first out of all those Conservatives involved?
- If you were a London cabbie, who would you most like to have in the back of your cab?
1.2(in indirect questions)quiénI don't know who you're talking about — no sé de quién estás hablando
- guess who I met today! — ¡adivina con quién me encontré hoy!
2.1(as relative)the boy who won the prize — el chico que ganó el premio
- there are blankets for those who want them — hay mantas para quienes quieran
- he/she who follows the path of righteousness — quien escoja el camino de la virtud
2.2(the one, ones that)you can tell who you like — se lo puedes decir a quien/quienes quieras
- who dares wins — quien nada arriesga nada gana