In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cereal/bread) integral(mustard) de grano entero
- For the second year in a row, Vics has won gold for its wholegrain bread in the Baker of the Year competition, announced last week.
- Your morning bowl of cereal may be a more potent source of phytochemicals than you think - as long as it's a wholegrain variety.
- The next best would be wholegrain toast with an egg or some nut butter - protein food.
- There is some evidence that wholegrain cereals may help reduce the risk of heart disease, and the presence of heart-healthy nuts should help here too.
- Carbohydrates are a vital ingredient of a footballer's diet, with wholegrain rice and wholemeal bread being popular choices.
- Eat healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables and nuts, and wholemeal and wholegrain versions of rice, pasta and bread.
- The Broadcaster had the baked fillet of salmon with a honey and wholegrain mustard crust.
- The last thing I ate was a piece of wholegrain toast with Vegemite.
- Have at least five portions of fruit and vegetables daily and go for wholegrain carbohydrate foods.
- Change your diet to include more wholegrain foods, vegetables, fruit and remove as much fat from it as possible.
- Flavour the mash with a couple of tablespoons of wholegrain mustard or herbs such as chives and basil.
- Certain seafoods, notably oysters, along with milk, wholegrain breads, dark-meat poultry, and nuts like cashews also provide this multipurpose mineral.
- Combining this dish with oatcakes or wholegrain bread makes a perfect protein meal, which will sustain energy longer.
- Calcium is needed for the growth of bone and teeth, and can be found in dairy products, broccoli, wholegrain cereals, sardines and sesame seeds.
- I buy white bread because it is cheaper, but I love wholegrain and rye bread.
- To keep his weight up, leftovers, if appetizing, or wholegrain toast and an apple is an easy snack.
- He advised her to eat more fruit, salads and wholegrain cereals and wholegrain bread.
- Foods rich in B vitamins are green leafy vegetables, wholegrain breads and cereals, nuts, legumes and lean meats.
- Sandwich two slices of wholegrain bread around a one-ounce slice of cheddar cheese and microwave for 15 seconds.
- These are good before or after a workout, but at other times of the day, the wholegrain versions are much better since they provide more fiber and have a less dramatic effect on insulin levels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.