In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escalope a la milanesa masculinomilanesa femeninoescalopa femenino Chile
- I hammered it when it opened because the Wiener schnitzel was a bit tough and I wasn't crazy about the wine glasses.
- The menu for the evening was incredible: champagne, caviar, smoked salmon, pate, Wiener schnitzel and of course, Sachertorte.
- Lunch is usually the main meal of the day and consists of soup and a main course of meat - sausage, the widely popular Wiener schnitzel (breaded veal), chicken, beef, pork or fish.
- Or perhaps you'll be tempted to try the house specialty, Wiener schnitzel?
- We gladly moved on to the main courses: a classic Wiener schnitzel and roasted rabbit in a black olive sauce.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.