1(in card games)comodín masculino
- The Reds were four games out of the wild card race with 23 games remaining.
- The pack has 132 cards - three suits of different colours each contain 41 letter cards and two wild cards and there are three wild cards that can be used with any suit.
- Since they are wild cards, any player holding one will be able to lay it off on the rapper's combinations.
- It seems that wild cards are often used in four-card and five-card brag, but that three card brag is more often played without them.
- Jokers are true wild cards, and can be used to complete any combination.
- It was subsequently adopted in versions of Poker, Rummy and other games as a wild card which could be used as a substitute for any desired card.
- If your team starts a meld of wild cards, you cannot add any wild cards to any of your other melds until your wild card canasta is complete.
- The jokers may be shuffled into the deck as wild cards as well if you like, which also makes the game a bit more interesting.
- Jokers can be used wild cards to substitute for any card in a three or four, with the following restrictions.
- The jokers are not scoring cards but wild cards which can take on any value from 2 to 14.
- Further cards, beyond seven, can be added to a canasta, but if you add wild cards to a pure canasta, this degrades it to a mixed canasta.
- The joker is a wild card which can be used only as an ace, or to complete a straight, a flush or a straight flush.
- No card is turned for trumps - the only trumps are the four wild cards.
- Again, the Jokers are wild cards, and can be played at any time on any trick, with only rare exceptions.
- If the joker is turned up, there are no wild cards and the value of the hand is doubled.
- A natural meld can be turned into a mixed meld by adding wild cards to it.
- A meld containing three natural cards can have any number of wild cards added to it, since the first wild card added makes the meld a canasta.
- In this version all the threes and the two jokers are wild cards that can represent any other card.
- Jokers can be used as wild cards to stand for any card from three to ace.
- You can also make a meld consisting entirely of wild cards - twos and jokers.
2Deporte(in golf, tennis) invitación a participar en un torneo aun cuando el jugador no cumple los requisitos(in US football) puesto en las finales adjudicado a los mejores equipos de entre los perdedores
- ‘Yayuk failed to receive the wild card as her world ranking in both singles and doubles event did not meet the qualification,’ Benny explained.
- Montgomerie, of course, is no certainty to play in the Ryder Cup, but if he fails to qualify, a wild card will surely be his.
- The next season gave us the world champion Ravens, a 12-4 wild card team that finished 8-8 in 1999.
- Even if this team sneaks into the playoffs as a wild card, it clearly is not a playoff-caliber team.
- With two new divisions and no additional playoff spots, the realignment shuffle is going to make it all the more difficult for teams to reach the postseason as a wild card.
- The young Bulgarian entered the competition with a wild card, thanks to one of the most popular management companies in the world, IMG.
- The realignment with four divisions within each conference makes it so that the four division winners plus two wild cards will make the playoffs from both the AFC and NFC.
- Hingis will, undoubtedly, be showered with wild cards to enter any tournament she chooses.
- To gain the playoffs as the wild card, a team will need 90 wins, according to the best estimates.
- As for Cejka, there is much to admire in the German's play from tee-to-green, but one has to think that his relatively poor putting may work against him in the face of such stiff competition for a wild card.
- We then need to address the role of ‘carbon sinks’, which remain the wild card in the search for flexible, low-cost solutions.
- The Brotherhood is the wild card in the reform game.
- It remains the wild card in an economic game that is still too close to call.
- He too forfeits, the sex and mystery of a wild card like Coco no longer in his life.
- One wild card is the uncertainty surrounding the membership of the FCC.
- If you can remember only part of a phrase, for instance, you can use an asterisk as a wild card: ‘A Nightingale sang in * Square’ will tell you it was Berkeley Square.
- Try the asterisk (*) wild card when searching for a phrase.
- You can run the program against multiple files by using wild cards in the filename.
- Many search engines employ wild cards - special symbols, usually an asterisk (*), that you add to a term to indicate different possibilities.
- For a complete explanation of OpenSSL ciphers, including all supported wild cards, see the ciphers man page.