In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in card games)comodín masculino
- Jokers can be used as wild cards to stand for any card from three to ace.
- It seems that wild cards are often used in four-card and five-card brag, but that three card brag is more often played without them.
- Since they are wild cards, any player holding one will be able to lay it off on the rapper's combinations.
- Further cards, beyond seven, can be added to a canasta, but if you add wild cards to a pure canasta, this degrades it to a mixed canasta.
- You can also make a meld consisting entirely of wild cards - twos and jokers.
- The jokers may be shuffled into the deck as wild cards as well if you like, which also makes the game a bit more interesting.
- A natural meld can be turned into a mixed meld by adding wild cards to it.
- If the joker is turned up, there are no wild cards and the value of the hand is doubled.
- The pack has 132 cards - three suits of different colours each contain 41 letter cards and two wild cards and there are three wild cards that can be used with any suit.
- If your team starts a meld of wild cards, you cannot add any wild cards to any of your other melds until your wild card canasta is complete.
- The jokers are not scoring cards but wild cards which can take on any value from 2 to 14.
- Again, the Jokers are wild cards, and can be played at any time on any trick, with only rare exceptions.
- Jokers can be used wild cards to substitute for any card in a three or four, with the following restrictions.
- In this version all the threes and the two jokers are wild cards that can represent any other card.
- The Reds were four games out of the wild card race with 23 games remaining.
- A meld containing three natural cards can have any number of wild cards added to it, since the first wild card added makes the meld a canasta.
- It was subsequently adopted in versions of Poker, Rummy and other games as a wild card which could be used as a substitute for any desired card.
- Jokers are true wild cards, and can be used to complete any combination.
- The joker is a wild card which can be used only as an ace, or to complete a straight, a flush or a straight flush.
- No card is turned for trumps - the only trumps are the four wild cards.
- ‘Yayuk failed to receive the wild card as her world ranking in both singles and doubles event did not meet the qualification,’ Benny explained.
- The next season gave us the world champion Ravens, a 12-4 wild card team that finished 8-8 in 1999.
- With two new divisions and no additional playoff spots, the realignment shuffle is going to make it all the more difficult for teams to reach the postseason as a wild card.
- As for Cejka, there is much to admire in the German's play from tee-to-green, but one has to think that his relatively poor putting may work against him in the face of such stiff competition for a wild card.
- The realignment with four divisions within each conference makes it so that the four division winners plus two wild cards will make the playoffs from both the AFC and NFC.
- Even if this team sneaks into the playoffs as a wild card, it clearly is not a playoff-caliber team.
- Hingis will, undoubtedly, be showered with wild cards to enter any tournament she chooses.
- Montgomerie, of course, is no certainty to play in the Ryder Cup, but if he fails to qualify, a wild card will surely be his.
- The young Bulgarian entered the competition with a wild card, thanks to one of the most popular management companies in the world, IMG.
- To gain the playoffs as the wild card, a team will need 90 wins, according to the best estimates.
invitación a participar en un torneo aun cuando el jugador no cumple los requisitos; puesto en las finales adjudicado a los mejores equipos de entre los perdedores
- One wild card is the uncertainty surrounding the membership of the FCC.
- The Brotherhood is the wild card in the reform game.
- He too forfeits, the sex and mystery of a wild card like Coco no longer in his life.
- We then need to address the role of ‘carbon sinks’, which remain the wild card in the search for flexible, low-cost solutions.
- It remains the wild card in an economic game that is still too close to call.
- Many search engines employ wild cards - special symbols, usually an asterisk (*), that you add to a term to indicate different possibilities.
- Try the asterisk (*) wild card when searching for a phrase.
- For a complete explanation of OpenSSL ciphers, including all supported wild cards, see the ciphers man page.
- You can run the program against multiple files by using wild cards in the filename.
- If you can remember only part of a phrase, for instance, you can use an asterisk as a wild card: ‘A Nightingale sang in * Square’ will tell you it was Berkeley Square.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.