In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fuego arrasador masculino
- A broad cross-section of the community criticised local government, fire and land management authorities at a public forum last night, for not doing enough to stem the spread of wildfire.
- Franklin knows that the hogan project will not solve all the problems for either the Navajo community or the overstocked forests still threatened by wildfire.
- A diverse mix of nearly 400 people discussed ways to improve forest health and address wildfire risks through locally driven efforts.
- The issues of ecosystem management, forest health, and wildfire dominated the work of the Center in its first few years.
- Now there's movement to reduce the risk of destructive wildfire by increasing conditions for wildfires of renewal.
- The wildfire near Burbank, California, is spreading and about 60 homeowners have evacuated.
- A different kind of threat tonight in Colorado, where a massive wildfire is spreading.
- This is not surprising given the warm winter and early spring, said Larry McHale, West Vancouver supervisor for forestry, trails and wildfire.
- The wildfire quickly spreads, consuming the thick, dried-out vegetation and almost everything else in its path.
- Historically, wildfire checked the spread of redcedar.
- In 1980, what had begun as a small controlled burn to create nesting ground for the bird turned into a massive wildfire, killing a Forest Service worker and engulfing the small village of Mack Lake.
- Courageous ranch workers had to do their own backfiring, creating a line of burned brush so that the wildfire would not spread across it to other areas, McCullough said.
- Though fires burn quickly anyway - a 1935 wildfire in the Ocala National Forest burned 35,000 acres in just under four hours - man wants to regulate.
- Reforestation is an essential step toward restoring forest areas damaged by wildfire.
- More and more western communities surrounded by forests are responding to the threat of destructive wildfire with a wide range of economic and policy changes.
- Prolonged dry periods and seasonal high winds in spring help create ideal conditions for wildfire to spread quickly through highly-flammable moorland undergrowth.
- Basic information such as how hot a fire burned within its perimeters seems essential to guide management actions for rehabilitating burned areas and reducing the risk of destructive wildfire.
- Wildfire has destroyed forests across the West.
- The Cedar Fire in San Diego County, which consumed almost 300,000 acres, burned 1,500 homes and killed 14 people, is the single worst wildfire in California history.
- Tonight a massive wildfire to the northwest of Los Angeles has spread to more than 20,000 acres.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.