12nd person singular present of will
1(plant/flower) ponerse mustio(flower/plant) marchitarseeveryone was wilting in the heat — el calor los estaba haciendo languidecer
- he wilted visibly under her glare — su mirada lo hizo encogerse
- A severe infestation will cause the plant to wilt; leaves may yellow and fall.
- In the heat, the grass grows rapidly and the flowers wilt fast, so there was much to be done.
- When this condition exists, the leaves of plants wilt or curl.
- Similarly, in cut chrysanthemum flowers, the leaves often wilt, due to a blockage for water transport in the xylem of the basal stem part.
- If any of the cut leaves wilt and turn brown, remove and dispose of them.
- The best time of day to cut is midmorning, after the dew has dried but well before any flowers wilt.
- Watch your plants and if you see leaves wilting, don't wait until they discolor and die, but find out the cause.
- Insufficient removal of these air embolisms may result in serious water stress which may lead to early leaf wilting as previously shown in chrysanthemum cut flowers.
- In the spring, you will be letting the leaves wilt on their own and dry up.
- Often the first sign is black or burgundy sap oozing from tiny holes in the bark; soon after, the tree wilts, turning starkly brown.
- The leaves turn a yellow-bronze, and within a day or two, the upper leaves wilt, then the lower leaves wilt.
- At this time, chill treatment seedlings were severely wilted with extensive leaf rolling characteristic of water-stressed maize.
- The first symptoms of this fungal disease are yellowing or bronzing leaves that wilt, followed by sudden plant death.
- If you see leaf wilting or hard, caked soil, water the trees well and slowly enough to allow the water to soak in.
- The crown and roots of these infected plants turn dark and soft, and the leaves usually wilt.
- As a consequence, leaves may wilt or even be injured as previously observed for cucumber and figleaf gourd in response to low root temperature.
- On return to air these leaves wilted and yellowed rapidly.
- When a squash stem suddenly wilts, and you find punctures or cracks near the base of the plant, you know that squash vine borer is present.
- The tress had been broken into two, the flowers had all wilted, and the grass was all brown.
- If plants start to wilt slightly water them right away.
1(plant) poner mustio