In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parque eólico masculino
- Residents have mixed views about plans to build a £50m wind farm near their homes.
- The businessman said he was prepared to let the wind farm be built on his land for nothing, provided it did not spoil his guests' views.
- There will be no point in building a wind farm in Lewis unless the electricity it produces can be transported to the mainland.
- They used pinwheels to create a mock wind farm in a prominent location on campus.
- Campaigners are cranking up opposition to plans for a wind farm on moors north of Bury with a public meeting in Ramsbottom next week.
- The new wind farm off Great Yarmouth beach is not only a brilliant sight but also no danger to anyone - save the few fat cat corporate bosses.
- Villagers were celebrating in March when plans for a wind farm on land near Clowbridge Reservoir were thrown out.
- The proposed wind farm is close to the edge of the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- If they can buy the land before a planning decision is made on the wind farm, they are likely to secure it for a much lower price.
- The wind farm has also sparked a dispute between local residents and Bord na Móna over the ownership of land.
- He said local councils and other groups were also being consulted about the wind farm.
- Baywind also hopes to invest in one of the 30 turbines planned by Warwick Energy for an offshore wind farm near Barrow.
- Some residents have also spoken up in favour of the wind farm.
- A wind farm, for example, is likely to occupy more land than a thermal power station.
- Local residents who object to the wind farm know that they could be rejecting a huge flow of funds into the area.
- When complete, the wind farm will produce enough electricity to power 6,500 homes.
- The Lakes park expansion would take in a Cumbrian hill called Whinash, near Shap, where a massive wind farm has been proposed.
- She is happy for the Wellington Regional Council to own the wind farm.
- Residents are stepping up the fight to stop a wind farm being built in a Bolton village.
- The wind farm at Watchfield has sparked much controversy and I am accused by two letter writers of inaccurate information.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.