In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(beverage)vino masculino(cask/bottle) de vinoher lips were like wine — sus labios eran como la miel literario
- to put new wine in old bottles — echar vino nuevo en pellejos viejos
- wine merchant — vinatera
- wine taster — catador
- wine therapy — vinoterapia
- wine tourism — enoturismo
- There is a correct way to prepare and drink mulled wine.
- You can practically taste the chilled white wine in that glass.
- Sweet dessert wines generally hold up better than dry wines once opened.
- Of course, I immediately undid all the good work with a large serving of mussels in garlic and white wine sauce.
- But I'd bet that many wine drinkers have the same problem I do.
- The world's finest wines are invariably produced from poor quality soils where few other crops would be worth planting.
- I did not see one of them drinking dessert wines, port, or similar drinks.
- He poured the sparkling red wine into a glass at a small table with two chairs around it.
- Bordeaux is in south-west France and produces fine red wines that are often referred to as claret.
- We sipped more wine with dinner and it made us a bit giggly.
- For other cheesy dishes, a light, fruity red wine is sometimes better.
- California makes some pretty decent sparkling wines at very competitive prices.
- I spent the next few years improving my ability to appreciate fine wine and single malt whisky.
- If you're short of space, move wine, beer and other drinks into a cool place, such as the garage.
- The last research placed Bulgaria twelfth in the volume share list of world wine exporters.
- Salty foods may make sweet wines taste sweeter.
- The grape spirit market was in decline, too, so the EC wine lake was overflowing.
- The fine-wine merchant is the place to go if you want to buy and cellar great vintage wines.
- Red Bordeaux is the world's best wine, and Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay are the best grapes.
- For a twelfth generation wine producer Olivier had a refreshing amount of enthusiasm for his subject.
2(color)rojo granate masculinorojo granate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.