In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the restaurant we make the base spices in our wine cellar and then heat the mixture by steaming it with our cappuccino machine.
- The ground floor accommodation is completed by a spacious utility area, a walk-in wine cellar and another guest cloakroom.
- In addition, there is a wine cellar, shelved pantry and guest shower room.
- It had big spooky cellars, one of which used to be a wine cellar, but by then lay empty, and another that once would have been the kitchen.
- At garden level there are guest bedrooms, a games room, library/office, wine cellar, toilet and stores.
- French sommelier David Biraud, 29, looks through wines bottles in the massive wine cellar at the Hotel de Crillon in Paris on Friday.
- Inside, £1.5m has been spent on new oak floors, a large wine cellar, a pool and a gym.
- François, please head down to the wine cellar and bring back the 1999 Catena Alta Cabernet Sauvignon from Argentina.
- Spread over three floors, the house, near Esher, has a study with a bespoke Linley desk, a television room, a billiards room, a vast drawing room, an oak-panelled dining room, a kitchen with two American Sub-Zero fridges and a wine cellar.
- The development will have a variety of facilities including shops, restaurants, a gym, pool, spa, game room, a wine cellar with private lockers and a library.
- The second largest room of his funerary complex, just a tad smaller than his actual burial chamber, was a wine cellar.
- It has running water, electric light and power, a gramophone that plays and real vintage wine in the bottles in the wine cellar.
- If you don't have a wine cellar, the best place to store your wines is the coolest, darkest and least dry closet in your house.
- The excavators are unsure what it is, with several suggestions of cold store, wine cellar, privy and wellhead.
- On this level there is a wine cellar, toilet, cloakroom and coal store as well as additional storage space.
- The cavernous space includes a library, a vast wine cellar, a cigar lounge, and a nightclub - a playground in short for the beautiful people for whom money's no hindrance.
- If a wine cellar has a window in it, I want to know what kind of light it is getting and what kind of heat loads the window is carrying.
- I get it delivered, but I don't have a proper wine cellar.
- Set in what looks like a vast wine cellar, the walls and ceilings of the main room are exposed brick, as is the private back room space that holds up to 140 people.
- François, run down to the wine cellar and bring back that 1997 Napa Valley Merlot we were sampling earlier.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.