In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carta de vinos femenino
- Three courses la carte will cost you £55, but that is nothing compared to the damage you can do to your credit card on the massive wine list.
- On each table are the menu and a wine list with wines available from 950 baht (or by the glass if you ask).
- Mention of the burgundy reminds me that I have not referred to the wine list, which is extensive to say the least.
- Our monosyllabic waiter briefly sprung into life when it came to choosing from the wine list.
- Over a couple of pints of Kingfisher lager (a wine list is available), we chose our starters.
- The wine list here is about the length of a late period Agatha Christie, but more of an unknown quantity.
- A colorful photograph will likely appear in the book-style beverage menu prominently placed on each table, along with the wine list.
- There's nothing more annoying than seeing dual vintages on a wine list.
- The wine list is two sides of an A4 sheet with no room for showing off, and seems very intelligently chosen.
- My friend's face fell as he surveyed the wine list.
- The wine list offers lots of options in the teens and twenties (at $36, a Mondavi Zin is a splurge).
- The wine list, thick as a church missal has won the Decanter wine list of the year with monotonous regularity.
- There's time to scan the wine list, sample a glass of Guigal's white Cotes du Rhone, or a red Mercurey from Faiveley.
- Do you panic when snooty sommeliers thrust an encyclopaedic wine list at you and you know that they will be back in a minute demanding an answer?
- For example, wines are listed in order of lighter to fuller-bodied on the wine list, making it easier for servers to help customers choose.
- This pub is lovely during the quieter hours and it's got some tasty wines on the wine list but when it's busy it's full of squealing, pretentious media types.
- Another Bauduc white, Les Trois Hectares, sells for £45 on the Ramsay wine list.
- Both the wine list and its menu are short, well-chosen, and affordable.
- Andy wanted to see a wine list, but when no list was available, I had to remind him he was in Rome, Georgia, not Rome, Italy, and we all had a good laugh about that.
- More and more operations use a bar list in addition to a wine list to let customers know what they have.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.