In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)(de la Fuerza Aérea) teniente coronel masculino(en Argentina) vicecomodoro masculino
- should flying allowance be structured to encourage people to serve as a squadron leader or wing commander?
- General Bradley went on to serve as an instructor pilot, an operations officer, a fighter wing commander and a numbered air force commander.
- All group commanders report to the wing commander's office.
- Mr Boyack, 69, has worked for ex-service personnel and the local community since he retired from the RAF as a wing commander 15 years ago.
- Adrian Warburton was a wing commander who became one of the most highly decorated airmen of the war.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.