In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino gananciasto pick up one's winnings — recoger lo que se ha ganado / recoger las ganancias
- The holder of the €1 million lotto jackpot ticket sold in Sligo has not yet come forward to collect the winnings.
- As an amateur, she was ineligible for prize money, and her winnings were donated to the Special Olympics.
- Part of it comes from unclaimed Premium Bond winnings but there are many savings accounts that are lying dormant too.
- The table had a 5 minimum bet, which was a bit alarming, but I decided to play until I'd spent 40 and not gamble any winnings.
- Traditional bookmakers now pay tax on gross profits rather than punters paying tax on their winnings.
- Martin told the FBI the money came from gambling winnings and was lent to the players.
- He does acknowledge that he was able to acquire his rental property with $30,000 from his winnings as a down payment.
- Fake tax certificates are also sent out, persuading many people to pay thousands of euros for what they believe is a genuine tax on their winnings.
- This tax relief is restricted to income from wages and winnings and is back-dated to April 1990.
- To collect her winnings, Mutola must compete in the World Athletics Final in Monaco from 13 to 14 September.
- Designing multi-million pound courses can be a lucrative business - even more profitable than the winnings of many top pros.
- He looked a bit shocked when I turned up to collect my winnings wearing a pink top and a skirt, something he got used to a few years later when I started to work for him.
- I collected my winnings and bought us all chips as we took a table by the big plastic windows inside and picked which dogs we'd back for the rest of the evening.
- The most immediate way is purchasing the car outright using the prize money from your winnings.
- But she just needed to pay a £749 authorisation fee to begin collecting her winnings.
- I wrote back saying that they could take the money from my winnings and send me the rest - and of course never heard any more!
- Simply saying it's time he moved up to the heavyweight ranks for some serious money winnings.
- Punters receive a call or email congratulating them on winning a big prize - but have to pay a fee or taxes before they can collect their winnings.
- The two flew from Farranfore to Dublin to collect their winnings from National Lottery Headquarters.
- She texted me back and asked me to collect the winnings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.